Bike Tour Passau-Vienna
- 1 Day by Day
- 2 Action Items
- 3 List of Bikers
- 4 Weather
- 5 Getting to Passau
- 6 Stop-overs
- 7 Our rental company in Passau
- 8 Chit Chat & Ideas
- 9 Bikes in Film
Just start adding stuff ;)
Day by Day
Total: ~320 km over 6 days
Each Allen researches route highlights and books accommodation for a different day of the tour..
- Mon Aug 4 - Arrive in Passau
- Tue Aug 5 (Mecki) - Day 1: Passau - Schlögener Loop
- Wed Aug 6 (Paul) - Day 2: Schlögener Loop - Linz
- Thur Aug 7 (Fabia) - Day 3: Linz - Grein
- Fri Aug 8 (Frances) - Day 4: Grein - Melk
- Sat Aug 9 (Ansgar) - Day 5: Melk - Krems
- Sun Aug 10 (Zanna) - Day 6: Krems - Klosterneuburg
- Mon Aug 11 - Vineyard tour, sewer tour, and more..
- Tue Aug 12 - Vineyard tour, sewer tour, and more..
- Wed Aug 13 - Depart from Vienna
- Reserve bikes (Frances)
- Book flights (everyone)
- Organize stopovers and journey segments (everyone)
- things to pack
- make a list of bike shops along the way in case we need repair service
List of Bikers
Frances, Arun, Mecki, Paul, Ansgar, Zanna, Kostas, Fabia. Anyone else??
Here is a link to the weather records in Vienna and Passau.
Getting to Passau
Flights booked! How about train tickets?
Train/bus from Munich to Passau
Munich Airport to Passau: 1hr17mins by bus and train. One change.
Collect interesting places here
Links to specific items on the way
Links about Passau--Vienna bike tours
- http://www.fahrrad-tour.de/UebDonauradweg.htm (in German)
- http://www.radweg-reisen.com/en/cycle-route-passau-vienna (suggests a 7day trip)
- http://www.freewheeling.ca/adventures/AustriaPassauViennaDanubeBike.html (also 7 days)
- http://www.velociped.de/en/all-bike-tours/europe/austria/passau-vienna/laid-back-tour-passau-vienna.html (7days)
- http://www.topbicycle.com/BTP-WItinerary.htm (7days)
Links about bike tours
Our rental company in Passau
(All bike rental places in Passau including tandem discussion)
Chit Chat & Ideas
This is very exciting!!! -Fabia
If we have a larger group we could also indulge in a service car ;) e.g. two people per day (rotating) who would take a car to the next stop, move the luggage, have spare parts and set up a nice picnic along the way ;) -- Arun
Having a car may entice people to join who don't necessarily fancy 6 days in the saddle - Mecki
Ansgar Hey, just load up my bike! Like this http://www.allpics4u.com/bizarreoddities/overloaded-bicycles.html
Bikes in Film
A couple of tandems figure briefly in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5hrUGFhsXo